Monday, March 17, 2008

R.I.P. Hawk

Shock, dismay, horror, denial, and finally, acceptance. I ran the gamut of emotions last night as I watched DJ trot out onto the court without the Hawk we had come to admire so much. It was a great run, we had fun while it lasted, and no one can take away the memories of the Hawk flying high for our beloved Cavaliers. I only hope that this decision has not jeopardized our entire season. And remember DJ, it's never too late to let the Hawk fly again. I have a feeling it would look really nice in June next to the O'Brien trophy...

Here's a quote after the game from the man himself:

Damon Jones followed though with his promise and shaved off his mohawk during the weekend.

''Every city in the East (conference) had seen it,'' Jones said, ''It's time for me to set a new trend.''

Rest in peace Hawk.

DJ's Hawk: 1/21/2008 - 3/16/2008

1 comment:

Matt said...

I can live with the death of the 'hawk because I know DJ has something else up his sleeve. He's the man.